The Junior Seminary of Ushaw College for Catholic Priests, is a grade II listed building, built as an addition to the original Seminary that was built in 1808.
Built to a design by Edward Welby Pugin in 1857-59. It includes the Chapel of St Aloysius a gothic structure, 22 feet wide and 64 feet long.
The altar is made from Caen stone and marble and the panels depict the life of St Aloysius.
The junior seminary closed in 1973.
Copyright applies to all images.