St Johns Asylum.
The Asylum was built in 1852 as "Lindsey and Holland Counties and Lincoln and District Lunatic Asylum" on a slight rise in Bracebridge parish, on the high road to Sleaford.
Originally built to house 250 inmates, it was enlarged in 1859, 1866, 1881 and 1902. The asylum grounds covered 120 acres.
Through its history, the Asylum was known under many different names including "Bracebridge Heath Asylum" and "Lincolnshire County Pauper Lunatic Asylum".
Copyright applies to all images.