Sheffield Old Town Hall.
The original bulding was built in 1807 by Charles Watson to replace the first town hall that had little scope for extension.
The hall housed the Town Trustees and the Quarter and Petty Sessions, it was a five bay structure opening out onto Castle Street.
In 1833 and 1866 it underwent extensions by William Flockton and included a clock tower that was built over the new main entrance which orientated the entrance onto Waingate, at this time, the courtrooms were linked by underground passages to the police station.
The building underwent a further extension in 1896-97, by the renamed Flockton, Gibbs & Flockton, and became Sheffield Crown Court and Sheffield High Court. In the 1990s, these courts moved to new premises, and since at least 1997 the building has been left unused.
In 2007, it was named by the Victorian Society as one of their top ten buildings most at-risk.
Copyright applies to all images.