RAF Newton was a Royal Air Force station, it was used briefly as a bomber base and then as a flying training school during World War II.
RAF Newton then became a training base for No. 16 (Polish) Service Flying Training School, who provided basic and advanced training for Polish airmen serving with the RAF.
The station had also become the home of the newly-formed Nottingham University College Air Squadron in 1941, providing newly-trained pilots for the RAF.
Later the station became the home of the RAF School of Education in 1972 and the RAF Police Training School in 1973.
The East Midlands University Air Squadron continued flying at Newton, until moving its flying activities to RAF Cranwell in 2001.
Copyright applies to all images.