Pye Bank County School.
Following the 1870 Education Act, the newly elected Sheffield School Board constructed 39 new schools in the city. Pye Bank School being one of them, designed by the architects Innocent and Brown and constructed in the 'english domestic gothic' style it was opened in 1875.
The Sheffield schools are regarded as the best surviving collection of 'Board Schools' outside London.
In 2003 the school was moved to a new building that was built on the former St Catherine's RC Primary School site.
All of Innocent's surviving Sheffield schools are Grade II Listed Buildings, however today, a significant proportion of these Victorian structures are being replaced by a brand new school building programme.
Pye Bank School stands in a prominent position on the hillside with great views across the city and there are plans to convert it into apartments.
Copyright applies to all images.