Melton War Memorial Hospital.
Originally called Hill House and built pre 1760 by a Mr Hind.
In 1840 Colonel Charles Wyndham moved into the house and renamed it Wyndham Lodge.
In 1870, A Mr. William Chaplin purchased the house and preferring the location to that of the house, he had the house totally rebuilt in 1874, out of Wartnaby stone by a Mr R. Winter Johnson.
In 1920, Colonel Richard Dalgliesh of Asfordby bought the house and 15 acres of woodland and donated it as a gift to the town to become the War Memorial Hospital. It was opened by HRH Prince Henry on the 19th January 1922.
In 1948, the hospital was taken into the National Health Service.
Copyright applies to all images.