George Barnsley & Sons.
Founded in 1836,the original factory was situated on Kelham Island, Sheffield, one of the oldest industrial areas in Sheffield and they specialised in forge filing and cutting tools for leather workers and shoe makers.
In 1837 they were listed in the Sheffield directory as a file manufacture situated on Wheeldon Street.
In 1852 they were to relocate to Cornish works and by this time they had increased there product range to include butchers knives and steel files.
In 1883 George Barnsley was made a Master Cutler.
They are again listed in 1944 as manufactures of files and blades shoe knives and leather workers tools. In the 1948 listing, the business had become George Barnsley and Son Ltd. The company finally ceased trading around 2004.
Copyright applies to all images.