Also known as Barnes Convalescent Home, whilst the hospital was constructed in a rural setting, it is now surrounded by roads.
The main building is Grade II listed, and lies on green belt land. A donation of 26,000 pounds for the founding of a new convalescent hospital was made in 1869 by Robert Barnes. Construction of the hospital, started in 1871 and was completed in 1875. It was constructed of bricks, the clay for which was provided locally.
During World War II the hospital was used as a convalescent home for wounded soldiers.
The main use for the hospital in its later life was for geriatric care and stroke patients. It closed in September 1999.
The hospital was sold in 2001. The hospital temporarily housed a large group of Kosovan refugees following its closure
Copyright applies to all images.